Located in a quiet, country setting this 100-year-old house backs up to a woods/tree farm and faces acres of farmland.
In the 1600's this land was part of the William Anderson farm and across the road is an historic park,
Makemie Monument Park,,
with a monument to Reverend Francis Makemie, founder of the Presbyterian Church in America, son-in-law of William Anderson.
The Baltic House has all the charm of being 100 years old, but all the safety and energy efficiency of a new home.
In the past 5 years it was completely renovated with all new electric, plumbing, insulation, drywall and roof.
This is a smoke free residence: NO SMOKING is allowed in the house or within 10 feet.
Sleeps 8 in two queen and four twin beds
(2 sofas could sleep 2 more)
Main Floor you will find:
The stairs are VERY steep so please be careful! Please do not have those unsteady on their feet, or frail, climb the stairs.
- Living room with seating for 8
- TV with a converter for local channels only
- DVD and VCR player
- Two sofas - long enough to sleep on as beds
- Dining room with a table and 6 chairs, a rocker
- Also includes a daybed with trundle (2 twin-sized beds) for those who cannot/or should not climb the stairs
- Kitchen with an electric stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, table/chairs, dishes/silverware/pots & pans
- Full bathroom with tub/shower
Second Floor you will find:
- Two Large bedrooms each with a queen-sized bed, a dresser, 2 chairs and room for a cot
- A smaller bedroom with 2 twin-sized beds and a dresser. There is also a window seat that could be used as a bed.
- A full bathroom with tub/shower
Please bring your own sheets and towels. Pillows, blankets and bedspreads are supplied on each bed.
Most people like to bring drinking water if you arenít used to the slightly sulfer-tasting tap water.
Summer cooling is provided by window air conditioners. Heating is electric baseboard and each room has controls on the wall.
(Please be sure to turn off ALL heating or cooling when leaving during the day and at the end of your visit.)
Location and Shopping
- The Baltic House is about 5 miles off of Route 13, all of it country, so be sure to buy what you want before leaving Route 13.
- Closest shopping area - Chincoteague Road and Route 13 intersection, known as Tís Corner.
Here there is a Food Lion, Subway, Sonic, Pizza Hut, Chinese restaurant, pharmacy and dollar stores.
- More shopping Ė Pocomoke City, Maryland, about 10 miles farther north on Route 13. There is a Super Wal-Mart and Lowes, and for food:
McDonalds, Friendlys, Taco Bell/KFC, and a variety of other places.
- Eating spots on Chincoteague Island include (on Maddox Blvd, on the way to the beach)
Ledoís, Subway and a McDonalds just before you cross over to Assateague Island.
There are many other local eating spots on Main Street and throughout the island.
Directions to the house: Take Route 13 south from Salisbury. Once you cross into Virginia the first light is the
Chincoteague Island road. Pass through that first light and the second light which is in the next block,
and continue a mile to the third light at Horsey Rd. Turn right on Horsey Rd. and drive several miles to where it ends at Jenkinís Bridge Rd.
Turn left on Jenkin's Bridge Rd. then at the next intersection (about a mile) turn right. This is Saxis Road.
The Baltic House is 2 miles down the road on the left, in a clearing with the Mediterranean House.
After you pass Monument Road on the right, it is the second house on the left.
If you have any questions please call us: 240-731-6056 (cell) or 301-854-6627 (home)
We hope you enjoy your stay!
pictures inside the Baltic House: